dot

Voting

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The first business trip Part 1

Having been only in this company for 1 month or so, i was blessed to be given a chance to go for a training in Taipei. This is my very first business trip alone, and frankly speaking, after bad experience in the previous company, where 2 business trips were given a miss because of my pregnancy and thereafter, many things happened and all these are bad history and not worth mentioning.

Many people tell me that I am very fortunate that i get to travel even during my probation period. I say, this is truly the grace and favour of God. In fact, this job itself, is a great miracle of the hand of God and i will never be thankful enough for what God has done for me.


So, while i was very excited that I would be going for the business trip, i was feeling a bit worried and afraid. This is the first time that i will be travellin overseas alone, without my husband, and also the first time that I am going to be separated from my baby. I had so many worries and concerns. But thankfully, i have very supportive hubby and parents and parents-in-law, who supported me all the way and ensure that i could go in peace. Mummy taking the day shift and mother in law takin the night shift to look after baby justin, ensurin that he was well taken of (of cos, he still lost weight when i came back, cos he could not sleep well and eat well, especially towards the end of the week).


And so, there i went, emabarked on my first business trip. I love SQ flights!! Make my 4hr30 mins journey so much more bearable, even though it was a super full flight.


When I reached the hotel, it was already 6plus, and this lovely message greeted me on the tv:


So i quickly went to join the rest who were at the restaurant for the dinner, and had a sumptious buffet spread. Pretty hungry and time to get to know the rest, so did not take much photos.
After dinner, i walked around the hotel, as the temperature was really nice... was ard 21 degrees that night..... :-)))
And i found a macdonald just round the corner....... so i walked in and guess what...... the small fries only cost ard S$1!! Cheap!!!
So i could not resist and bought a small pack and brought it back to the hotel.... kekekekekeke....
Feels like home once again! :-)


Next morning, we started our day 1 training. It was a long session and almost everythin that the trainer talked about,was new to me. So I was literally like a sponge, tryin to absorb as much things as I could.
Time passes quickly and soon it was time for dinner again!
The taiwan colleagues arrange for a nice and cosy dinner place @ Taipei main station U-Square. Check out the pictures below:
The team that went for dinner:
I think the ceiling lights add a great touch to the overall ambience:
time to chill out after a long day.

The beer supposed to be nice!! They have about 10 over types of beers


The food items unwrap:
Item 1: Beef, bacon and ham platter


Item 2: Pork knuckle: One of the nicest dish



Item 3: Beer!


Item 4: Pizza





Item 5: Chicken drumlets





Item 6: Cold squid






Taking the metro back to the hotel! I realise we all love to take pics!! :-)





To be continued.....

No comments: