dot

Voting

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Case of H1N1 in my office

today after lunch, a colleague told me one of the secretary in my office is confirmed with H1N1!!! And she was in office on monday. The other colleague who went out with her on sat, went to measure her temperature and she was feverish!!!! So she immediately packed her things and went off to see the doctor.. and was given 5 days mc..

And the most irony thing is that my management was totally not alarmed by this at all. Life goes on, as they said. But given the fact that:

a) the secretary who was infected, was sitting at quite a stragetic place that many of us would pass by her seat;

b) the colleague who had fever was sitting just diagonally behind me;

c) I belong to the high risk group and of course, there are 2 other pregnant ladies in the office.


I was kinda paranoid... even though I know must have faith for protection from God lah, but still, i was feeling totally uneasy. And somehow, as the day went by, I started to feel very warm and thought i felt feverish even!!

So by then, I cannot take it anymore. Sent a message to one of the boss (who happened to one of the pregnant ladies as well), and ask her what are we to do? Do we stay home for the next few days as well? She says she needed to check with the Regional Finance Director first.

Finally at 7pm, i received the sms. I am to stay home tmr, for a day first, while they monitor the situtation in office. Of cos, I feel happy at the decision. But at the same time, I am worried, cos my consol is supposed to be due for review this friday liaoz.. cham..... haiz....but of cos, I know health and bb is still more impt than anything else for now... so just gonna pray that tmr I be able to do as much of the report at home as possible, then if I am to go back on friday, then will chiong the rest bah...


But all in all, I just felt that somehow, my company is really lacking in taking immediate and precautionary measures to tackle this H1N1. I really wonder why......

3 comments:

Serene said...

don't worry! I'm sure God will protect u & bb... as for consol... sure can one la! heehee...

Mummy Kless said...

Just stay at home and rest!!!!

Kristie said...

i cant...... piahing my consol at home... .boohoo