dot

Voting

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stubborness or Determination?


For the past one week, feeding Justin has been one of the toughest mission everyday. It has far overtaken the tireness of trying to put him to bed, or even waking up in the middle of the night to feed this little darling. Probably I have already gotten used to those.
But for the past one week, it is the most terrible thing whenever we need to feed him.. reason being this little one will cry so hard and until so ke lian, lliterally almost like he is being child abused. Haiz... see already also heart pain.
But I have got no choice. If he does not learn to drink from the bottle during the day, what is going to happen when I go back to work in another month's time? Is he going to starve himself and wait till I am back from work?
~Sigh~
So no choice..... no matter how much he cry, I have to harden my heart and try to get him to drink his milk. And naturally, the quantity that he drink is significantly lesser than the average baby of his age should be drinking.
Coaxing, begging, scolding, using a stern voice, bluffing, changing a different bottle, different teat.... we tried all ways and means just to get him to drink finish his milk. And the same cycle repeats itself every 3 hours. Tired.. tired... tired...
I keep telling myself, must have patience... but some times, I really almost lost it.... thankfully, Gerald would remind me, he is just a baby. So got to be patient. So Patience.. patience... patience..... thats the word I keep telling myself.
Sometimes, i really wonder, is this a good trait or a bad one that need to be changed. Is he just being stubborn or simply showing his determination? If he is that determined in everything that he is going to do when he grows up, I believe he is definitely going to achieve his goals in life. But if he just being stubborn... it means its going to be a tough time to teach him when he grows up.
God...i hope this training will end soon, so that I can move on to let him try formula milk. I can foresee an even tougher war with my son ahead. ~LOUD SIGH~

2 comments:

stickymouse said...

hahaha... this is exactly what i had mentioned to you about weaning! he's just a baby with a very small view of the world. even a change in teat is an upside down world in his perspective, so be patient. nothing to do with a stubborn character :)

Kristie said...

thats why everyday I am praying for wisdom and patience to deal with this little darling. :-)