dot

Voting

Thursday, November 12, 2009

E arrival of Baby Justin

Finally have some time to spend to blog about the arrival of my dear baby, Justin.
Better to blog down as much details as I can recall now.. will serve as a good memory and to let my boy read about it when he is bigger. =)

Last friday morning, in the early hour of 430am, i felt a discomfort feeling and what greeted me with a great morning surprise was ... MY Water Bag was Leaking!!! Initially i thought I did not hold my bladder, but after 30 seconds, I was quite sure it was the water bag that was leaking. Immediately, I wake gerald up.. thinnk he was shocked too. I then remembered that I have not done my handover as well.. haiz.. was meant to do it on friday itself... but my baby is simply too gan cheong to see this beautiful world. So i quickly log on to my office email and started to send all the handover emails as fast and as much as I can.

By 645am, i was done and went to have my bath... knowing that I won't be able to bath for at least the next 3-4 days, better to bath and wash my hair as scented as I can. After that, called my gynae and confirmed with her that I should go to the labour ward. Before admitting to the hospital, we drove to Macdonald's to buy my breakfast (must have strength to push later rite? grins)

By 830am, we were in the labour ward. Gynae came and checked and said that I was only 2cm dilated. Sianz. Must wait for another 8cm dilation before can start pushing. Going to be a day of waiting. One thing i must say, the invention of epidural is the best invention by mankind!!! Kekeke.. i opted for epidural without second thoughts, cos I want to have a natural birth. Now thinking back, if I did not opt for epidural, I think I would really have a deep phobia to have a second kid manz.

And so, after injecting the epidural (which I thought the whole process was much less scary than expected), they started to induce the contractions in me. That was 10am. And for the next 12 hours, it was nothing but waiting and waiting and moree waiting..

Finally at 10pm... the nurse said she going to call my gynae!!! Means its time for the real action liaoz. By now, I already felt the full effect of the contractions. Was shivering like crazy (so again I am soooo thankful that I had chosen epidural right from the beginning!! Hahaha!!!).


And after a 20mins push, my little prince is born!!!!

Welcome Baby Justin!!!



Our first family photo!!! =)

1 comment:

juliet said...

congrads kristine!!!meiming here