dot

Voting

Sunday, August 16, 2009

SOT Graduation

today we had a great SOT graduation service.


But what made it special was because of 2 things:

1) My dear sister is graduating from SOT Today!!! Woot!!
















2) My parents came for church service for the very first time!!! double Woot!!


I know my sis has always been someone with a stronger personality and character than me. Still remember at the beginning of the year, when she told me that she is going for SOT graduation, I was kinda worried for her, for various reasons and the primary one being objection from my parents who were unbelievers and they always did not like that idea that we spend too much time in church. I always remember the many occassions before I was married, where me and my dad would fight and quarrel over church matters and we sometimes even go into cold wars. Being someone of a softer character, somehow, I already resign to fate and knew that I would only be able to go SOT after I got married. So I was really totally surprised when my sister told me that she gotten the approval from my parents, especially my DAD, to go and study SOT.




5 months down the road, I witness she has grown in her tenancity and spiritual growth. I can only say, I am really proud of her, and I really looking forward to the day that I would be the one graduating from SOT too. God's timing.... lets see how bah...



The second thing that got me excited is also the fact that its the first time that my parents come for church service!! =) Its not the first time they step into a church (first being my holy matrimony 2 years ago @ JW, but that wasn't a service exactly) but I am glad that they sat through the whole service. Although they still look uninterested, and in fact, my dad even commented we "jin bo eng" cos we kept standing up and sitting down throughout the service to clap, encourage, pray and etc.... but at least it was a great start i thought. Like what the bible says, when one is saved in the household, the rest will be saved. Now that 3 of us are saved, i believe sooner or later, one day, my parents shall receive salvation as well!! *claim it first* hehehe






And so, after service, went with my parents for lunch and after that accompany my sis to Serangoon Broadway to collect her SIM graduation gown. That kinda ended my sunday before I came home to rest while dear went for his ministry.




And thats my sunday. Actually a lot more to blog.. but those are not so good news... so maybe once I sorted my thoughts, will blog in the next entry.... till then, I shall enjoy the rest of my sunday

No comments: