dot

Voting

Monday, September 19, 2011

my 2 dishes over the weekend

Being a full time working mum means a good whole 8-10 hours are spent in office.


By the time i get home, even if i get to knock off earlier than i usually do, I am dead beat and thankfully, my Hubby does not insist home cooked dinner everyday. Otherwise, i will surely faint.


Thankfully, out of the 5 days, my mother in law cooks for us on 3 of the days and the remaining 2 days we just eat out.


And so, I usually try to whip up some dishes for lunch during the weekend.


I have always love cooking. Prob because I grew up helping my grandma and seeing her cooking many great dishes.


I always believe that cooking for my loved ones is one of the best thing, cos i feed them with both nutrition from the food and nutritional love!


So last weekend, I decided to try a dish that I have not cooked for a couple of years…..


Hainanese Chicken Rice!


Since there were only 2 of us, I bought a small fresh chicken from NTUC. Bought some cloves of garlic, ginger and a bunch of pandan leaves.


Simple ingredients… Smile


and within 1 hour….. lunch was READY!


-


-


-


IMG_2527


Although the rice turned out a bit hard and less oily than it should be, thankfully the chicken turned out pretty well!


Cooked to the right tenderness… haha… ya…. in my humble opinion lah. I think not too bad. Smile with tongue out


And 3 of us actually finished off one whole chicken! =DDD



I also prepared another finger food. Rummaging through my cabinet, found a can of luncheon meat.


So I decided to make some luncheon meat fries!!!


And dada!! one of my easiest and fastest finger food!


Just cut the luncheon meat into thin strips and deep fry them in the pot of hot oil for 2-3 mins.


And there appear golden crispy luncheon meat fries! Best served when it is HOT!


IMG_2528


I so enjoy cooking. More so when i see my hubby and son enjoying the food that i cooked! \


Time to plan for next weekend’s menu! Suggestions? please feel free to leave a comment. Open-mouthed smile

No comments: