dot

Voting

Friday, August 5, 2011

Carousel – committee appreciation lunch

With the success of another family day event, our MD was very pleased and asked the HR director to organise an appreciation lunch for the recreation committee.


carousel8 After much searching around, we finally decided on the buffet lunch at http://www.royalplaza.com.sg/carousel.php.


Having heard much good reviews about the buffet at this place, I was pretty looking forward to it. I feel that that the lunch was priced at a rather affordable rate of $46++, because the spread was really very good for the price to pay. Currently, they are also having Amex promotion of 15% off the bill.


When we step in, we are all captivated by the ambience, because we are grandly welcomed by rows of macaroons, tiramisus, fruits tarts and mousey cakes. , tiramisus, fruits tarts and mousey cakes. Picture 052 I feel so happy just looking at the colorful macaroons! Picture 051


Picture 050


The main eating area is divided into four areas: and The Living Room, The State Rooms, The Verandah and The Terrace, with the buffet spread right smack in the centre so that you are not too far off from the adventure.


Food


One of the attractive thing about this buffet is the colourful spread of seafood, sushi and sashimi. Other than the Japanese fare, the spread is made up of Mediterranean, Asian, French Rotisserie and a rather impressive dessert station. And there was mini Indian station as well! So my Indian was super happy yesterday and it was the first time he really ate a LOT compared to last few lunches. Oh yes, their buffet is Halal too. So I think the management is really good at his marketing idea! Target all groups!


I love the way the cutlery are being arranged. Very neat and organised.


Picture 053Only pity that I did not have my camera with me and I have to be a bit more professional, since I was with my HR director, my manager and some other rather senior staff who are in the committee, I cannot be too sua ku or touristy and start to take out my Iphone to snap away.


So i only managed to snap a few shots of the food that I tried.


The Japanese section on the top left and the seafood section on the bottom left.


carousel1


Jap and seafood. The drunken tiger prawn in herbal soup was very good!


Picture 054Indian and Chinese dimsum.


Picture 055 Meditarian and French





Picture 056


Though there was not a single dish that left a great impression, most of the food was consistently fresh with above-average quality.


I had to be very selective in my food selection, because there are simply so many variety of food there and there was no way to try everything!


And of cos, I have to end off with Dessert!


They have such a wide spread selection of dessert, ranging from cakes, fruits, yam paste, bur bur cha cha, kueh kueh, bread pudding, apple crumble and etc etc etc….


carousel5


Picture 057


By the time we left, I was almost exploding.


Definitely a buffet that is value for money. =))))

No comments: