dot

Voting

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blessings

As the year 2010 soon draws to a close in another 28 days time, i feel that its time to sit back and reflect the year, and to start to plan for 2011.


The year 2010 can be said to be a very roller coaster year for me.

Started off the year still in my maternity leave and the next 7 months was one of the most horrendous period of my life. Heartaches and disappointments and blows after blows were the things that i had to deal with in my career. Thank God in the midst of this, i have a super cute son, a super supportive husband and a very supportive family that i can look forward to every day. Now, as I look bad, I seriously thank God for givin me the strength to go through that tough period of time, and thank God that I survived and come out of it, stronger, at least in my sense.


God opened the door for me to a brand new environment, an area that I would never have imagine that I would step in. Though i am still in the finance sector, but I am exploring a total different aspect that I have not touched it in this perspective, in the last 8 years of my career.
Thankfully, I have a great team of colleagues, friendly managers, supportive management and an environment that greatly promotes effective learning.


How the job opportunity was a total miracle story by itself and i think many of my friends have already heard of it. In the past 2 months that I have joined the company, i have been given the opportunity to attend a regional meeting, went to taipei for a pricing training, had lots of fun with the finance team @ Sentosa (and i realise that my finance director is a very fun loving gal!! Quite surprising cos her outward appearance really don't tell it!) and the most recent family day event @ Universal Studio at Resort World Sentosa ( i still remember that I just made a very casual remark to God that how nice if i can get to go USS this year, and God really made it come to pass!! SO happy! )


Just this week, the asia finance director came over to SG, and he had a 1 to 1 session with every one of us on the team. A very pleasant guy. He asked me a question, which really set me thinking a lot for the direction of my career in this company. And the next 4 months is going to be tough, because there are so much expectations of me and also, i have a mega presentation coming up in Feb 11. if i don't make it, then it means exit for me already.


So, i can already foresee how tough its going to be for me. But i believe, God will not put me through something that I cannot handle or go through. So i believe, the next few months are indeed going to be very exciting months for me. I have learnt, never take every opportunity that comes your way for granted. Everythin in life indeed, is there and happens for a purpose.


Time to march on in 2011~~


I believe it is going to be a blast year!!~~~ =))))

No comments: